domingo, 10 de octubre de 2010

Read-A-Thon Wrap Up

1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Since 8 am to 1:30 pm, as I was at school...
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? It depends on the reader, the books I read were awesome!
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I think it was awesome, but a couple times the links to the Mini-Challenges were broken :S so, checking on that could be great!
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The enthusiasm of all the participants :D
5. How many books did you read? 3 books, 5 short stories and 3 essays
6. What were the names of the books you read?
  • Books: Travesuras de la Niña Mala by Mario Vargas Llosa, Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowling and The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
  • Short stories: "The Kiss" by Angela Carter, "A Visit to Grandpa's" by Dylan Thomas, "In Love With Raymond Chandler" and "Happy Endings" by Margaret Atwood, and "The Whore of Mensa" by Woody Allen.
  • Essays: "Politics and the English Language" by George Orwell and "The Language Mavens" by Steven Pinker.
7. Which book did you enjoy most? It is difficult to chose :S I loved them all, but it was great to read Travesuras de la Niña Mala, a new kind of story for me :D (highly recommended, too... I thinks its title in English is Bad Girl, but I am not sure XD)
8. Which did you enjoy least? Everything I read was great!
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? Well, I tried to cheer as much as I could, but some pages were blocked by my computer... so it made it quite difficult to comment... but, it was great, because I visited more blogs than the usual ones ;)
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Yes, I would love to participate again. Mainly as a reader and an sporadic cheerleader.

No hay comentarios.: